Montreal Road Closures for Turcot, Champlain Bridge and Hwy 20
Montreal Road Closures – Although there is a light at the end of the tunnel – or rather an opening date at the ends of a new bridge, there is still some major roadwork to be done before drivers can breathe again.
This weekend’s closures have Transport Quebec officials advising drivers to stay away from Hwy 20 between the Mercier Bridge and downtown, as well as from Hwy 15 at the Turcot interchange to the South Shore. If you need to navigate the area, here is what is happening:
*Closures begin Friday April 27th between 10:00pm and midnight, until Monday April 30th at 5:00am.
- Route 136 West will be closed inside the tunnel at Exit 5 (Robert Bourassa/Champlain Bridge/Victoria Bridge). Hwy 20 West can be accessed at the Pullman St. entrance.
- Eastbound lanes between the Turcot Interchange and downtown will be closed. *There will be NO access from Decarie South, Hwy 15 North and Hwy 20 East.
- Hwy 20 East to the 15 North will be closed.
- Notre Dame St. underneath the interchange will be closed between Monk Boulevard and Saint Paul St. (there will be access to Carillon Avenue from the East).
- Access to the Champlain Bridge from Nuns’ Island will be closed from Friday the 27th at 9:00pm until 1:00am on Saturday – and then on Monday from 1:00am until 5:00am.
- On the Champlain Bridge Southbound, only one lane will be open on the final section of the bridge.
- RTE 132 Eastbound will be closed at Exit 53 until the next entrance.
- RTE 132 Westbound will be closed at Exit 76 until next entrance.
- Drivers heading West will be forced off at Exit 4.
- Iles des Soeurs Blvd. at Exit 5 will be closed.
- The Bonaventure Expressway to the Champlain Bridge will closed.
Avoiding the areas altogether or using Public transit might just be your best options.