Phi Boutique to provide fashions for Station F-MR
MR-63: key destination of the future
Beginning in 2020, Place des Bassins (Lachine Canal National Historic Site) will be the permanent site of MR-63, a multi-disciplinary cultural, artistic and commercial hub that is sure to become a key destination for Montrealers and tourists alike.
On May 16 of this year, Montrealers will get a sneak peek into the spectacular installations that lie ahead as Station F-MR reopens for the summer. Sure to steal the show, a “village” of four subway cars will be transformed into shops and performance venues, providing a foretaste of MR-63, a multi-use building destined to breathe fresh life into these iconic relics of Montreal’s past. Each car will have a unique focus, e.g. art gallery, food counter, stage with studio and design boutique.
We are delighted that Phi Boutique has been selected to inaugurate the design component. Ever since the MR-63 project was launched, Phi has wanted to team up with this new non-profit association, which shares its long-time mission: to foster interest in all aspects of local culture and to burnish Montreal’s worldwide reputation.
Spotlight on local talent
As an extension of Phi’s cutting-edge approach, Phi Boutique has always sought to promote local designers, in addition to other Canadian brands. It also carries art books, magazines, gadgets and assorted curiosities. Within Station F-MR, Phi Boutique will be spotlighting creations by the following designers, together with pieces created by its own in-house team:
• Dulcedo, a collection inspired by street wear favoured by Dulcedo Agency models.
• Kinsu, an environmentally friendly ready-to-wear collection that recycles denim from old jeans into clothing and accessories.
• Le Cartel, a screen printer collective tasked with illustrating the brand’s colourful garments.
• Nik Brovkin, top-of-the-line street wear from the art director best known for his work with BLCK MSSN.
• Pony, a collection featuring the illustrations of artist Gabrielle Laïla Tittley.