5 tips to help you save cellphone data
Save cellphone data -Running out of data easily makes it into the top 10 list of modern-day problems. Fortunately, it doesn’t have to be that way. Here are some fast and easy ways to save cellphone data without infringing on your regular online activities:
1. Opt for voice calls over video calls. Video calling consumes more data than any other online activity. When you’re not in a Wi-Fi-enabled environment, voice calls are your best bet until you can get somewhere to alleviate the pressure on your data.
2. Disable push notifications. When you’ve got push notifications enabled for your apps, your phone automatically uses your data to pull updates as they become available. Over time, this eats up your data. Turn off push notifications and see all your Instagram likes at once when you open the app. It’ll be much less distracting anyway.
3. Restrict apps to Wi-Fi. Not all apps need to run on data all the time. You can restrict apps like Candy Crush, Camera, Notes and the like to Wi-Fi usage only.
4. Keep track of the apps that use up the most data. This may seem like an obvious one, but important nonetheless. Streaming apps in particular are huge data-fiends. This includes Netflix, YouTube, Spotify, Apple Music, Skype and FaceTime.
5. Turn off your mobile data. No time to keep track of your data usage? Just turn off your mobile data altogether so you don’t have to worry about it.
Nothing will protect you from data overages better than a plan that ensures you won’t wind up with unwanted charges on your bill in the first place. Check out Freedom Mobile’s Big Gig plan for 10GB of LTE data at an affordable price.