Mondial de la bière festival 23rd edition will take place at Palais des Congrès de Montréal
The 23rd edition of Montreal’s Mondial de la bière, America’s most important international beer festival, will take place from June 8 to 12, 2016. More than 180,000 festivalgoers are expected at Palais des Congrès de Montréal for the occasion.
The Mondial de la bière also plans a second edition of the Brewing Week from June 6 to 12, 2016. The event is back for an entire week with a variety of activities related to beer and fine food prepared with beer.
THE ACTIVITIES IN BRIEF:
- Two kiosks bringing together the beers imported by the Mondial de la bière:
— Pub des Amériques and Pub du Monde
- Educative animation: Ecole de Bierologie MBiere, the Mondial de la biere beer school. Beer serving along with a short training given by reknowned teachers. Book signing. Sale of promotional items
- Contests: 11th edition of the MBeer Greg Noonan professional tasting contest (10 gold medals will be awarded for the chosen beers by an International Jury of experts — unveiling of the winners on Thursday, June 9) and Public Tasting Contest (3 medals will be awarded for the beers chosen by the public – unveiling of the winners on Sunday, June 12)
- Food kiosks: European sandwiches, panini style sandwiches with deer meat, boar hamburgers, deer appetizers, brochettes, sausages on a stick; fries and poutines; gourmet Bavarian pretzels; grilled cheeses on a stick; quiches and assortment of breads; sucre à la crème; 50 flavors of fudge and nougat; bison and boar meat on a stick; Haitian food; pulled pork; smoked beef brisket; cured meats, etc.
- Publications: Mondial de la bière. — 13rd edition of the Quebec’s Beer Trek map (bilingual) and 201 tasting guide
- Tasting notebook 2014 — Pierre-Luc Gagnon and Mondial de la bière (bilingual).
The Mondial de la bière is a unique tasting festival based on learning, tasting, sharing and responsible consumption. It differs from other beer festivals in its exclusive offering of international beers, the presence of key players from the world’s brewing industry, as well as a strong representation from Quebec.
The festival is happy to offer visitors a complete epicurian experience: tasting, discovering and entertainment! It boasts a friendly and festive ambiance and it is the perfect spot to satisfy both the curious minds but also any beer lover, both newcomer and epicurian, up to the finest connoisseur.
For a complete lists of participating Beer companies and Restaurants please visit our website: www.mtltimes.ca
June 8 to 12, 2016
Wednesday and Thursday,
from 3:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m.
Friday and Saturday
from 11:30 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.
Sunday from 11:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
Palais des Congrès (exterior terrace on the Esplanade) 201, Viger Street West, Montreal, QC H2Z 1H2
Transportation: Place-d’Armes metro station Tasting: $1.00 per tasting coupon
Cost: 2 coupons and up per tasting
Quantity: 2 ounces per tasting