Kennebunkport Resort collection unveils Igloo Ice Lounge for Paint the Town Red Festivities
Paint the Town Red officially kicks off Saturday, February 2 at The Boathouse Waterfront Hotel’s “Frosted! A Freezing Good Time” Ice Bar celebration hosted by Portland, Maine native Chelsea Roy of The Bachelor Season 22 and Bachelor in Paradise.
The Kennebunkport Inn is taking the Paint the Town Red festivities to a new level with its Igloo Ice Lounge. Each igloo can host up to eight guests who can enjoy small plates and specialty cocktails while wrapped in cozy throw blankets on fur lined seats. The Igloo Ice Lounge also offers outdoor fire pit seating, a heart-shaped Cornhole board and board games to keep guests fully entertained. Igloos can be reserved for private events for $275 each.
The grand opening of the Igloo Ice Lounge will take place on Friday, January 25 at 4:00pm. Operating hours are 4:00pm to 8:00pm Sunday through Thursday and 4:00pm to 9:00pm on Friday and Saturday from January 25 to March 31, 2019.
To celebrate the Kennebunkport Inn will offer an Igloo Stay & Play Package starting at $395 which will include a two-night stay at the Kennebunkport Inn, snowshoe rentals for two, an L.L.Bean boat tote filled with winter themed goodies and two complimentary Igloo Ice Lounge drink tickets. The package is available for travel through March 31, 2019 and can be reserved online or over the phone at 1(800) 573-7186 starting on January 21, 2019.
The celebrations continue each weekend all month long with a full line-up of culinary experiences scheduled at various properties and restaurants in the Kennebunkport Resort Collection (KRC). The roster includes an oyster shucking class with local bivalves and wine pairings, sushi making demonstration with sake tasting, a tap takeover with Biddeford’s Banded Brewing Co. and an Earth at Hidden Pond pop-up dinner.
Cupid’s Love Shuttle can be booked for KRC guests needing transportation to and from the Portland International Jetport for $40 per person (one way). KRC guests can take advantage of the Love KPT hotel packages starting at $479 for a two-night stay, three course dinner and more, while the Put A Ring On It package puts KRC’s Cupid Concierge in charge of curating of a romantic proposal. The Cupid Concierge is available to curate a romantic rendezvous for couples staying at a KRC property throughout February and can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or 207-967-1517.
Throughout February Dock Square in downtown Kennebunkport will be decked out in sparkling red lights and “#LoveYourSelfie” photo stations will be positioned throughout town for love birds to stop and snap a selfie. Paint the Town Red celebrations continue all month welcoming sweethearts with a calendar of special events and stay packages.
KRC Stay Packages
[if !supportLists]· [endif]The Love KPT package starts at $479 and includes a two-night stay at The Boathouse Waterfront Hotel, the Kennebunkport Inn or the Grand Hotel, arrival goodies of red wine and chocolate-covered strawberries, a three course dinner for two and late check-out. The package is available for travel through March 31, 2019 and can be reserved online the individual property’s website.
[if !supportLists]· [endif]For those looking for an over-the-top engagement, KRC’s Put A Ring On It puts the Cupid Concierge on speed dial to help curate perfect romance. Beginning with luxury accommodations, the package includes an original love poem, bottle of Dom Pérignon in Waterford crystal champagne flutes, a personal photographer to capture the “big ask,” four dozen red roses and chocolate covered strawberries. Plus, KRC recently partnered with luxury honeymoon travel specialists, CIRE Travel, who will waive all planning fees for couples (valued at $1,000) booking the Put A Ring On It package. To really ramp up the romance cupid can also provide a custom engagement ring (valued up to $8,000) from a local jeweler. Available through February 28, 2019, the package can be booked by phone at 1-(800) 573-7186.
Red Hot Events
- Saturday, February 2: “Frosted! A Freezing Good Time” Ice Bar – the Paint the Town Red kick-off celebration hosted at The Boathouse Waterfront Hotel from 7:00pm-10:0pm. Tickets are $55 per person.
- Saturday, February 9: Drinks Through the Decades at The Burleigh – An interactive mixology class teaching popular cocktail recipes from five decades; 1:00pm-3:00pm; $40 per person.
- Saturday, February 16: Wine and Valentines at The Burleigh – Featuring three wine tastings paired with hors d’oeuvres; 1:00pm-3:00pm; $20 per person; $35 per couple.
- Saturday, February 23: Oyster Shucking Class at The Boathouse Restaurant – Hands-on shucking instruction with half a dozen oysters, wine tasting, education on oyster wine pairings, lights snacks and a keepsake oyster knife; 1:00pm-3:00pm; $45 per person.
Red Plate Dinner Series
- Saturday, February 16: Sushi Making Demo, Sake Tasting + Dinner at The Boathouse Restaurant – An interactive demonstration on the art of sushi making paired with light bites and sake tasting, a three course meal and sushi rolling kit to take home; 4:00pm-6:00pm; $50 per person.
- Saturday, February 9: Earth Winter Dinner Pop-Up at Ocean – Hosted by Chef Joe Schafer, this not-to-be-missed event provides a first taste of the of the 2019 Earth menu. The evening begins with welcome cocktails and appetizers followed by a three course dinner with plated appetizer, family style entrees, plated dessert and additional surprises. Tickets are $135 per person and include food, cocktails, wine pairings with dinner and gratuity; 6:00pm-9:00pm.
- Thursday, February 14: Valentine’s Day Dinner at The Burleigh and The Boathouse Waterfront Restaurant.
- Saturday, February 23: Tap Takeover & Beer Dinner with Banded Brewing Co. – Biddeford’s Banded Brewing Co. takes over the taps at The Burleigh. Chef Eric will serve light bites followed by a four-course dinner paired with four of the brewery’s most popular beers; 5:00pm-9:00pm; $75 per person.
To purchase tickets to any of the above events, visit: https://www.eventbrite.com/o/kennebunkport-resort-collection-8295220906
Paint the Town Red exclusive offers and experiences are available from February 1 through February 28, 2019. Sweethearts can follow the love on social media using #lovekpt. For more information, visit: http://destinationkennebunkport.com/paint-town-red-february-kennebunkport/