Top 5 smart home gadgets for 2019
Smart home devices are at the top of everyone’s wish list this holiday season. In fact, a recent Statista study found that the number of smart homes in Canada will rise from 13.9 per cent in 2018 to 31.5 per cent by 2022. To get a head start on your shopping, here are a few ideas what to look for:
1. Nest Indoor Camera – Nest is offering an array of smart products like thermostats, cameras, doorbells, alarms and more. These devices are a great way to keep your home and family safe and environmentally responsible. Nest Security allows you to keep tabs on your home, giving you peace of mind whether you’re down the street or across the world.
2. Amazon Echo – Ask Alexa to do anything, whether it’s changing the song you’re listening to, dimming the lights or turning on the heat. There’s no need to get up from the couch; connect Alexa and let it do the work for you.
3. Philips Hue – Mood lighting has never been easier. Connected to your Amazon Echo, Nest and more, Philips Hue smart lighting connects to your WiFi to create the perfect lighting for selfies, pulsating light alarms, mood lighting or light timers for when you’re away.
4. iRobot Roomba – The Wi-Fi-connected robot vacuum lets you clean your home from anywhere, making it easy to have last minute company. Just click and clean from your smartphone.
5. LG Smart Refrigerator – Gone are the days of opening the fridge to see what’s inside. Now you can knock on the fridge door to see what you need without letting out cold air, keeping your food fresh for longer. You can even keep an eye on your energy usage straight from your smartphone by connecting the fridge to Wi-Fi. This is the future of freshness.