Despite the expected weather conditions tonight, the City of Dorval will not be postponing trick-or-treating to Friday night. Halloween NOT postponed in Dorval!
However, we invite residents to be careful and to respect the following safety precautions:
- Wear short, bright costumes with fluorescent strips, and carry a flashlight or a glow stick to make yourself more visible to cars.
- Use makeup instead of masks.
- Travel in small groups or make sure you’re accompanied by an adult.
- Cross only at intersections after looking both ways and obey the traffic lights.
- Avoid dark streets or areas.
- Thank people for their generosity and respect their property.
- Turn on exterior house lights to provide greater safety for young visitors.
- Supervise children under the age of 13.
- Establish curfews so children know when they are expected home.
- Plan a route with your child in your immediate neighbourhood.
- Clear your yard, porch, and sidewalk of anything that may impede trick-or-treaters.
- Drive slowly and take extra care when leaving driveways and alleyways.
- Inspect all of your children’s candy when they get home.