Turcot Interchange Closures – There is no spring break for construction around the Turcot Interchange this weekend – in fact it will be closed in both directions. Beginning Friday March 2nd until Monday at 5:00am, Route 136 will be closed in both directions from the Ville Marie Tunnel to the Turcot Interchange – and sections of HWY 20 will be closed between Angrignon and Lachine. And it will also affect Pedestrians & Cyclists.
Here’s what you need to know if you are planning to head out that way:
– Westbound traffic lanes on Route 136 will be blocked at Exit 5/Champlain Bridge in the tunnel as of midnight Friday March 2nd.
– A lane connecting HWY 15 North to HWY 20 West will be blocked at de la Verendrye St. as well as the Pullman loop connecting HWY 15 south (Decarie Expressway) to HWY 20 West.
– The entrance at Pullman/Angrignon to HWY 20 West will be closed as of 10:00pm Friday. The only way to access HWY 20 West will be via the inbound Mercier Bridge or from Richmond Street.
– Drivers heading east will run into detours at Exit 62/1st Ave. when HWY 20 East closes at midnight Friday. The alternate route will be to take Montreal-Toronto Blvd. and Notre Dame St. which run parallel to HWY 20, until you can access HWY 20 east via Angrignon Blvd.
– Eastbound and northbound connections through the Turcot Interchange will be closed as of midnight, drivers will be able to take HWY 15 South and connect to the Bonaventure Expressway or the Champlain Bridge.
– Eastbound lanes from the Mercier Bridge will be closed as of Friday at 10:00pm.
– Saint-Jacques Street will be closed to pedestrians and cyclists from Friday 10:00pm until Monday 5:00am. A shuttle bus will be available to transport pedestrians from Saint-Jacques and De Courcelle to the MUHC hospital and back – scheduled every 15 to 20 minutes on Saturday and Sunday between 8:00am and 6:00pm.
Everything is scheduled to reopen on Monday at 5:00am.