Mtl road closures – This will be one for records. Transport Quebec has announced the closing of a major part of the Turcot Interchange from Friday morning November 9th to Monday evening November 12th – the first time it will be closed during rush hour periods.
They will be demolishing the older HWY 15 North overpass, a very challenging undertaking – as the overpass runs over the new four lane highway as well as five CN Train lines that will continue to be in operation during the work. Until now, work on the interchange has been done on weekends, so as to not further impede the heavy weekday traffic – but the work needing to be done necessitates what will pretty much be a full closure of the Turcot. Only the part of HWY 15 SOUTH will be open during that period.
The closures will include HWY 15 North through the interchange, as well as HWY 20 & HWY 136 in both directions. Drivers will have to detour via the Metropolitan or Bonaventure Expressways – and Transport QC is forewarning drivers to expect major delays.
*The good news is the Sherbrooke St. entrance to the Decarie Expressway is scheduled to reopen next week and the Sherbrooke St. exit sometime at the end of October.
And now on to THIS WEEKEND’S ROAD CLOSURES:
*FROM FRIDAY AT 11:59 PM TO MONDAY AT 5:00 AM
– HWY 15 North between Exit 62 at De La Verendrye Blvd. and the Edouard-Montpetit Blvd. entrance will be closed.
– HWY 20 East Ramp to HWY 15 North will be closed
– HWY 15 North Ramp to Highway 20 West will be closed
– HWY 136 West Ramp to Highway 15 North will be closed
– HWY 15 South through the Turcot Interchange will be closed
– HWY 15 South Entrance at Girouard Avenue will be closed
AS WELL AS:
– Saint-Jacques St. between De Courcelle and Decarie will be closed from Friday at 10:00 PM. to Monday at 5:00 AM
– De La Verendrye Blvd. East between Galt Street and De l’Eglise Avenue will be closed from Friday at 11:59 PM to Monday at 5:00 AM
Once again, officials are urging drivers to use public transit in order to avoid the expected delays and detours.