The City of Dorval requests the cooperation of its citizens to conserve water during the summer. For that purpose, watering restrictions will be in effect in the municipality, from June 1 to September 1, 2014, as follows:
• Watering is prohibited from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. everywhere.
• Watering is, however, allowed from 7 p.m. to 7 a.m., as follows:
• Even civic numbers: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday
• Odd civic numbers: Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday
EXCEPTIONS AND PERMITS
• Watering by hand of gardens, flowers, trees, and shrubs, using a hose fitted with a self-closing nozzle, is permitted at all times.
• Watering a newly installed lawn is permitted daily during the two consecutive weeks following its installation, with a permit obtained, free of charge, from the Urban Planning Department (60 Martin Avenue).
• A permit will be issued to residents along a street where new sod has been laid following municipal work.
RESTRICTIONS AND SPECIFICS
• Watering on Sunday is prohibited.
• Repeated washing of driveways, sidewalks, patios, and exterior walls of buildings is prohibited. It is, however, authorized once a year only, between January 1 and June 1.
• Filling of pools is prohibited between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m.
• Watering on sidewalks, curbs, and driveways with sprinklers or automatic watering systems is prohibited.
• An automatic sprinkler system must be equipped, among other things, with the following devices:
1) A programmable timer that allows the system to be programmed according to the days and times
2) An automatic humidity sensor or an automatic shut-off device that, in case of rain, will suspend watering operations when precipitation suffices or when the humidity level in the soil is sufficient
• Washing of cars is permitted only with the use of a garden hose equipped with a self-closing nozzle. The use of a bucket is recommended to reduce water consumption.
Those who contravene these restrictions could receive a fine of up to $600 in a residential area and a fine of up to $2,000 in a commercial area.
For all the details of the watering restrictions or to consult the by-law establishing exterior watering restrictions, please call 514 633-4040 or visit city.dorval.qc.ca