Here is a list of what is closed and what is open on June 24th for Quebec’s Fête Nationale:
Closed on St. Jean-Baptiste Day in Montreal
- Federal and provincial government offices in Quebec.
- Montreal municipal courthouse on Gosford St.
- Banks, Canada Post offices as well as SQDC and SAQ stores across the province.
- Permit counters and municipal courts in Montreal.
- Most city of Montreal offices will be closed, including borough offices, Access Montreal offices and points of service.
- Planetarium, Biodome and Insectarium are closed (Botanical Garden is open)
Open on St. Jean-Baptiste Day in Montreal
- Garbage, recycling and compost collection will continue on normal schedules in all boroughs except for Montreal North, Outremont, St-Laurent and Ville-Marie.
- Montreal arenas, swimming pools, sports centres, libraries and cultural venues that are allowed to be open will operate according to schedules set by boroughs.
- Public markets will be open on a normal schedule.
- Société de transport de Montréal buses and métro will run on holiday schedules. For details: stm.info
- Réseau de transport de Longueuil buses will run on Sunday schedules. For details: rtl-longueuil.qc.ca
- Société de transport de Laval buses will run on Sunday schedules. For details: stl.laval.qc.ca
- Exo will run buses on a Saturday schedule and trains on Sunday schedules. For details: exo.quebec
- Parking restrictions, including parking meters, remain in effect.
- Montreal’s 311 line will be open.