10 tips for those stuck in Montreal traffic jams
Naturally, many of us hate and dread traffic jams, as it seems like all you can do in your vehicle is to sit and wait, stressing over the situation. This feeling is probably shared by many Canadians living in bigger cities like Montreal. However, as this article will show, there’s plenty to do while you’re stuck in the car, from making phone calls and browsing best Montreal casino sites to playing online gambling games. This way you can turn the unproductive time on the road into a productive and enjoyable one.
According to the latest traffic index, Montreal holds the third place on the national congestion list, the top two cities being Vancouver and Toronto. Extra travel time in Montreal is estimated to be 33 minutes per day, which amounts to 125 hours per year. The congestion level in the city has been on the rise compared to the earlier index. Additionally, a study by the Canadian Automobile Association found that Montreal is home to five out of Canada’s 20 worst bottlenecks. The nastiest traffic jams happen on Champlain Bridge, Highway 720, and route 40 or 15.
For those who find the information above rather depressing, here’s a great list of the things you can do while waiting for the traffic to ease off.
• Make phone calls. If you want to catch up with friends or feel like you haven’t talked to your parents for a long time, this is a perfect time to make a call (from a hands-free device).
• Read. It’s a good idea to keep a newspaper, a magazine or a book in your car for times like this. Alternatively, you can read something on your Kindle or smartphone – just don’t forget you’re on the road.
• Listen to music. You can sit back, relax and enjoy some tunes while you’re in the vehicle. You can also sing along if you’d like.
• Make a to-do list. Note down the things you need to do today or next week. This way you’ll make sure you don’t forget anything important.
• Touch up your make up. You may want to check whether there’s anything about your look you’d like to improve.
• Have a snack. Grab a little bite or two while the traffic stands still.
• Browse the Internet. Check Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or any other media you frequent.
• Play video slots. While being stuck in traffic, you might try your luck at some online video slots.
• Play games. Have some games or puzzles on your smartphone, which you might enjoy as you’re waiting for the cars ahead to move.
• Take selfies. You can then upload the pictures to flaunt your new hairstyle or complain about the traffic jam to your friends.
You may want us to expand a bit on one of the tips. Video slots mentioned here are among the most popular games you can play on your laptop, tablet or smartphone. They emulate reel slot machines, but unlike those, video slots often have animated symbols, high-resolution videos, a particular slot’s theme, and bonus games. All this enhances your experience considerably while you’re aiming at your big win.
It’s just one of the ways you can bide your time while being stuck in a traffic jam, but it’s certainly among the most enjoyable ones. Whether you choose them or anything else from our list, your time on the stagnant Montreal (or any other) road will stop being as frustrating as before. And if you remember some tips you’ve just read, you’ll certainly know what to do the next time you see a long strip of red brake lights up ahead.