by Bonnie Wurst – Montreal Times
Spring has finally sprung! Montreal Food Trucks are hitting the streets again starting on May 1st.
After the success of last year’s pilot project, street food will be back in the borough of Ville-Marie from May 1st until October 5th.
This year you will find several more food trucks rolling on the streets and you will be able to find them at even more locations – and apparently more affordable options will be on the menu of some of the participating vendors.
Up from nine locations in 2013 to fourteen this season, there will be plenty of places to chow down at and even more choices for the discerning palette – up from 27 participating food vendors to 30.
Montrealers and tourists will have over five months to sample the creative delights our city has to offer as the trucks rotate daily at the numerous sites.
Some of the food trucks from last year will be back, but you will also find quite a few new ones rolling on to the streets of this season.
Here’s a list of participating vendors:
- Alexis Le Gourmand
- Boîte à Fromages
- Les Brigands
- Café Larue & fils
- Café mobile Dispatch
- Camion Au Pied de Cochon
- Chaud Dogs
- Le Cheese
- Dim Sum Montréal
- Fous’Truck, bar à croissants
- Le Gourmand Vagabond
- Grumman ’78
- Landry & filles
- Lucky’s Truck
- Nomade So6 par Accords
- Ô sœurs volantes
- P.A. & Gargantua
- La Panthère mobile
- Pas d’cochon dans mon salon
- Phoenix 1
- Le point sans g
- Le Quai roulant
- Le Super Truck
- Le Tuktuk
And here is where they can be found:
- Multimedia City (rue de la Commune West, at the corner of Brennan Street)
- Dawson College (Atwater Avenue, at the corner of De Maisonneuve Boulevard West)
- McCord Museum (Victoria Street, at the corner of Président – Kennedy avenue)
- Park Médéric Martin (Rouen Street, at the corner of rue du Havre)
- Place d’Armes (rue Saint- Jacques, at the corner of rue Saint -François- Xavier)
- Health District (rue Saint- Denis, south of Viger Avenue East)
- Rue Lambert-Closse (south of René-Lévesque Boulevard West)
- Dorchester Square (Metcalfe Street, near the park)
- Square Phillips (Cathcart Street, near the park)
- Victoria Square (Saint-Antoine Street West, between Square-Victoria and rue Alexander)
- Concordia University (Mackay Street, north of De Maisonneuve Boulevard West)
Weekends & Special Events Only:
- Parc du Mont- Royal (Park Avenue, opposite the Sir George- Étienne Cartier monument)
- Near Bellerive Park (Fullum Street, north of Notre- Dame Street East) – on days of the fireworks at La Ronde (June 28, July 5, 12, 16, 19, 23, 26 and August 2)
- Place Émilie-Gamelin (Thursdays from May 22nd) – during festivals & events at the Quartier des spectacles)
You can check out the calendar daily for the trucks and their locations HERE