Love Kennebunkport this February
#LOVEKPT: Second annual event celebrates romance
All month long with special savings, happenings and exclusive offers
This February, the classic coastal New England destination of Kennebunkport, ME, is painting the town red for romance once again, preserving its claim as “New England’s Most Romantic Town.” Dock Square in downtown Kennebunkport will be decked out in red twinkly lights while restaurants, hotels, galleries and shops welcome lovebirds with Red Plate dining specials, Red for Romance hotel packages and Red Tag sales from retailers.
To help curate the perfect romantic getaway, couples can call upon Kennebunkport Resort Collection’s (KRC) Cupid Concierge, Casey Wickham. “Some people can use a little more assistance in the romance department than others and that’s where I come in,” added Wickham. “My job is to remove the guesswork and take care of all the details for the guest, from planning a surprise engagement to placing a love note with rose pedals on the pillow at turndown.”
Cupid Concierge services are available for guests staying at two KRC properties, the Kennebunkport Inn and The Boathouse Waterfront Hotel, during the month of February and include creating customized music playlists for the room, delivering flowers, organizing private cooking classes, couples massages, sleigh rides, late check-out, dessert in bed, and much more. The Cupid Concierge can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or 207-967-1517.
Paint the Town Red officially kicks-off on Saturday, January 30, 2016 with the “Frosted! A Freezing Good Time” Ice Bar celebration hosted at David’s KPT, located at The Boathouse Waterfront Hotel on the harbor side of the Kennebunk River. The event will take place from 7pm to 10pm and feature signature cocktails, light fare, a s’mores and hot chocolate bar, and entertainment, against the backdrop of a red-lit downtown Kennebunkport. Tickets are $50 per person in advance, $65 per person at the door and includes two signature drink tickets, cash bar also available. To purchase, visit Brown Paper Tickets.
Available throughout the month of February, special offers for romantic dinners, lodging packages with romance add-ons, and significant shopping discounts can be found at www.lovekpt.com. Also featured is a series of winter culinary events, tastings and activities such as a chocolate truffle making with champagne pairings and pop-up dinners presented by Table, a new culinary venue and program that highlight’s Maine and New England’s dynamic food industry.
Paint the Town Red highlights include:
Red Romance Lodging Packages
- Kennebunkport Resort Collection: the loveKPT package available at Kennebunkport Inn and The Boathouse Waterfront Hotel features a two night stay, dinner for two one evening, and arrival goodies of red wine, chocolate covered strawberries and a whoopie pie. Guests will also enjoy daily breakfast and a late check-out at noon. Packages are available Friday and Saturday only. Rates start per couple at $501 plus tax at Kennebunkport Inn and $504 plus tax at The Boathouse Waterfront Hotel, representing a savings of 15%.
- Inn at English Meadows: throughout February, guests can enjoy 25% off two-night stays, sparkling Brut rose upon arrival, and hand-dipped chocolates at bedside. Couples also receive a gift card for a horse-drawn sleigh or wagon ride through the Kennebunkport countryside. Please call (800) 272-0698 or visit the website for more information and reservations. Rates start at $189 per night.
- Maine Stay Inn & Cottages: guests receive free a red filled homemade whoopie pie upon arrival, rose petals and candles in-room and breakfast delivery (available upon request to many rooms), Prices start at $209 per night for two.
Red Plate Specials at
- Ports of Italy: Complimentary Raspberry Tart for two
- One Dock Prime: raspberry and white chocolate mousse for two for $12
- Auntie’s House: Specialty red velvet cupcakes on Fridays & Saturdays
Red Tag Savings at Featured Shops
- Stonehome Estate Jewelers: 20% off all gift items
- Beach Grass: 25% off the item of choice for the month
- Maine Art: Complimentary 5×7 matting for a 3×5 photo
Red Hot Events
- January 30: Second Annual Ice Bar at David’s KPT
- February 6, 13, 20 and 27: learn to make Amaretto and Limoncello at the Italian Digestives Class located at Ports of Italy ($10 per person or $15 per couple; call 207-204-3065 to reserve)
- February 20: Date Night Earth Pop-Up Dinner with Chef Justin Walker at Table featuring a four course farm-to-table meal inspired by Mediterranean and New American cuisines ($105 per person, visit www.tablemaine.com for tickets)
- February 27: Bubbles and Truffles with Chef Pierre Gignac of Ocean, sip champagne while learning the art of chocolate truffle making ($55 per person; call 207-967-1510 to purchase tickets)
Paint the Town Red deals and events are available between January 23 – February 29, 2016. All details, restrictions, and booking instructions can be found at:
Additionally, travelers who share a photo on Instagram showing why they love Kennebunkport, using the hashtag #lovekpt and tagging @kennebunkportmaine, from January 1 to 31, 2016, will be entered into a sweepstakes to win a romantic stay for two at the Kennebunkport Inn including a dinner at One Dock Prime during Paint the Town Red in February. One winner will be selected on February 1, 2016. For more details, visit:
For more information on Kennebunkport and the Paint the Town Red campaign, visit www.lovekpt.com. Consumers can follow the love on social media using #lovekpt.