The Cisco Certified Entry Networking Technician certification acts as a starting point for people interested in launching their IT career as data processing professionals skillful in basic network security, experienced in operating, and troubleshooting and managing a small company network. If you are among those who crave for stepping up your career in the networking field, the CCENT credential is a must-have for you devnet.
For this entry-level certification, one needs to successfully go for 100-105 exam (Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices, Part 1). It also would be your appreciable first step in gaining further, associate-level Cisco certifications that will open up many possibilities for your forward-lookingjob in IT.
This guide is intended to inform those interested in building up their career on a Cisco certifications ladder, and on the associated 100-105 exam essentials and preparation details.
Why You Should Earn the Cisco CCENT Certification?
As mentioned above, the Cisco CCENT credential is important for anyone who wants to grow up their skills to the higher technology level. With this certification earned, you will be almost halfway towards achieving the CCNA certification in different tracks offered by Cisco (design, security, routing and switching), and it can also help you get your first networking job. If you are currently working in the IT field, this badge will help you with your career progression.
Importantly, an individual certified by the Cisco CCENT badge can be employed as a network administrator, network support specialist, networking technician, and network engineer among others. Here, the average annual salary for CCENT certified professionals is $59.000 up, according to Payscale.com.
In this manner, let’s move on to the CCENT associated exam, ICND1 (100-105) details.
100-105 Exam General Information
Firstly, by taking and passing this test, you will be CCENT certified. However,
it serves as a stepping stone for getting such credentials as CCNA R&S, CCNA Security, CCNA Wireless, and CCDA, to mention a few.
So, 100-105 test examines whether a candidate has acquired knowledge and practical skills related to technologies of LAN switching, routing and network fundamentals, and infrastructure services as well as maintenance expertise. The test will also qualify applicants to handle different devices in an enterprise and have the potential to administer basic network securities. It should be mentioned that the above exam topics give just general guidelines about the content likely to be included in the CCENT 100-105 test, and questions from other related areas can as well be featured in the exam.
Now let’s go deeper into the exam specifics and discover all the important information.
100-105 Exam Format
This way, the test consists of multiple testing formats such as drag-and-drop, simulations, multiple-choice, fill-in-the-blank, etc. The number of addressed questions is from 45 to 55, and the time limit for completing all them is 90 minutes. The estimated cost of 100-105 exam is $165.
100-105 Exam Objectives and Prerequisites
There are no formal prerequisites for 100-105 test. However, a solid understanding of networking protocols is beneficial.
100-105 Exam Passing Tips:
Candidates are advised to study hard to pass 100-105 exam and invest all their time and effort in preparation. So, make a learning schedule and follow it. Studying on a regular basis will help you improve the preparation, and grasp the knowledge related to 100-105 exam.
Ace Your Learning with Cisco-Offered Materials:
- Progress in your 100-105 exam preparation with classroom training, part 1 (ICND1) 3.0. Based on an R&S technology, taught both in a class and in a virtual classroom, the course familiarizes you with basic skills of PC operating system navigation, computer literacy, and Internet usage skills.
- E-learning proposed by Cisco Learning Network Store includes self-paced training, video training, and studying in labs that will enable you to go for your exam with success!
- Take advantage of practicing your newly acquired knowledge before the real test and benefit from these practical lab settings and then test your knowledge with this Virtual Internet Routing Lab Personal Edition (VIRL PE) and Cisco Modeling Labs.
- Don’t forget also to get comfortable training with Cisco study groups, individual learning materials, and an encyclopedic Cisco Platinum Learning Library!
PrepAway Learning Materials to Help You in 100-105 Exam Preparation
- Open up to the opportunity to easily pass the exam with PrepAway 100-105 Premium Bundle just for $39.98! A premium file with 711 acknowledged answersand questions, a 91-lectures training course, and a huge study guide of 964 pages will release your study success, also with unlimited access to your study materials.
- Learn with the Cisco 100-105 training course with a full package of training videos simply for $17.99 and get your way towards the desired credential.
- PrepAway is a leading provider of free and updated practice tests for exam-takers. That’s why don’t miss the great option to benefit from free 100-105 practice tests! These essential study materials will help you lay the profound ground for your 100-105 test preparation and let you win the Cisco CCENT qualifying battle!
- Otherwise, test the real exam simulator possibility with ETE files offering custom-made exam-taking mode, test editor with preview function, time-managing option, the possibility to track your results, and many more.
Cisco CCENT certification confirms that an individual has undertaken the relevant training, and passed 100-105 exam. With this credential, your career is likely to take a big leap towards the success you may have always craved for. Become the part of the networking industry with the most valid prep materials and PrepAway’s practice tests in particular.