What’s Open and Closed Easter Weekend – Both the Easter and Passover holidays merge this weekend and many Montrealers will be spending time with family and friends – or simply enjoying a nice, long weekend off from the regular grind.
A long awaited Spring season is finally in the air – so have a hopping good time hunting for eggs or the hidden matzah!
Here is what’s open and closed:
• Most banks will be closed on Friday but open on Monday.
• Government offices, both Federal and Provincial, will be closed Friday and Monday.
• City of Montreal and borough offices will be closed all weekend.
• Boroughs will have regular pickup of garbage and recycling.
• Parking meters and parking restrictions will remain in effect.
• STM buses and metro will be running on a holiday schedule.
• AMT trains will also be running, but on weekend or holiday schedules.
*Check their websites for details
• Societe des alcools du Quebec outlets will be open – except for those located inside shopping centres.
• Most shopping malls will be open on Friday and Monday.
• Supermarket chains will operate at regular hours on Friday and Monday, but will be closed on Easter Sunday.
• Most public markets will be open.
• Municipal sports centres, swimming pools and arenas, as well as cultural centres and libraries will be open. Check with your borough for schedules.
• The Biodome, Botanical Garden, Insectarium and the Rio Tinto Alcan Planetarium will be open with regular schedules. For more information, go to http://espacepourlavie.ca/en/horaires/2018-W13