What’s Open and Closed Montreal Victoria Day
Open and Closed Montreal Victoria Day – Whether it is called the ‘Journée nationale des patriotes’ in Quebec or ‘Victoria Day’ as in the rest of Canada, the first long weekend of the season here! And with it some places will be open or closed on Monday May 2oth. Here is a list of what you should know:
FEDERAL, PROVINCIAL and MUNICIPAL
– Most banks will be closed
– Government offices (Federal & Provincial) will be closed
– Most City of Montreal offices will be closed
– Regular recycling, garbage and organic waste collection will take place
– All ecocentres will remain open
PUBLIC TRANSPORT (It is advisable to check all schedules online before heading out)
– Most STM buses will operate on a holiday schedule – but it is possible some routes will not be available
– The RTM Vaudreuil-Hudson and St-Jerome trains will run on holiday schedules, but it is also possible some lines will not be available
– All parking restrictions will remain in effect
COMMUNITY CENTRES (It is advisable to check your borough’s website first)
– Libraries, cultural centres, pools and arenas will be open or closed depending on each borough – but the ecocentres will be open
MARKETS & STORES
– Jean Talon and Atwater markets will be open, as well as most others with their regular schedules
– Most shopping malls, retail stores and supermarkets will be open.
*SAQ stores will be open, unless they are located in a mall that is closed.
ACTIVITIES & ENTERTAINMENT
– Most places like the Botanical Garden, Insectarium and the Planetarium will be open. (The Biodome is still closed for renovations)
– Movie theatres will be open
Have a safe and wonderful long weekend!