Most of the sports around the world are playing these days with no fans these days due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Bettors are then left with fewer options to satisfy their cravings when it comes to betting. Although the choices may come less, there is still considerable money to earn if you gamble correctly.
In line with this, sporting events like football, basketball, and golf are now returning after facing a big setback in the last few months. Apart from that, horse racing is also continuing in the next few days, especially in the U.S. That said, there will be a bigger opportunity for bettors to wager in many horse racing events, which are lined-up until the end of this year.
Do know that unlike ball games, horse racing brings wider betting opportunities. Moreover, you can work on many online bookies that offer horse racing bets and earn right away. If you are looking forward to expanding your way of earning money through wagering, here are some beginner’s guides to learn how to bet on horse racing.
Different kinds of horse racing bets
In a single horse racing show, whether huge or not, you must learn two betting categories. These categories allow you to assess yourself whether to gamble for an easier one or take a more challenging game right away. Remember that the prize for each category differs depending on the difficulty level.
Straight bets are the easiest horse racing gambling games you can pick. It is useful for the newbie bettors since you only have to choose horses you think can place the racing show. To get a clearer picture of what Straight bets look like, here’s the full list.
- Win – it is the simplest category since you must pick the racehorse who can win the entire game. However, remember that a single horse racing show features many horses in the field, and you must scrutinize each entry to choose the deserving winner.
- Place – if you aren’t sure that your horse can win the racing game because of the tight competition, you can gamble for the “Place” category. You win the betting game if the horse you picked ends up either in first or second place.
- Show – if you think that most horses joining the racing show are deserving to win, you can secure a winning betting game by gambling for the “Show” category. You could win the prize if your horse landed on either first, second, or third place.
Exotic bets are a more challenging horse racing betting game to play. There is no harm when newbie bettors try this category, but it can be especially difficult to win in this game. Even pro bettors sometimes still worry whether they win or not, given that they have years of experience because of the complexity and conciseness of the bets placed. To give you a better understanding of how exotic bets work, below are its classifications.
- Exacta – your option is not limited to picking one horse to win the game. In this category, you must pick two racehorses to finish successfully. The challenge you have to face to win the betting game is to ensure that these horses emerged as first and second place correctly.
- Trifecta – as the betting game becomes more complicated, the payout is also bigger. In this category, you must name “three racehorses that can win correctly in the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place in correct order.
- Superfecta – this might be the easiest and the highest-paying horse racing betting game since it tests your ability on conciseness. In this betting game, you must pick the four front runners of the horse racing event and make sure they end up in first, second, third, and fourth places exactly.
Other form of exotic wagers
This type of horse racing betting game is for bettors who’d like to take bigger risks and win huge combined prizes. It also requires a maximum betting prowess, so make sure you know each entry carefully.
- Daily Double – this exotic betting category lets you come up with a racehorse to bet who can win two consecutive races. If he wins in the first race and loses in the second one, you won’t earn any winnings.
- Pick 3 And Pick 4 – the same with Daily Double, a racehorse you pick should win three (Pick 3) and four (Pick 4) consecutive races. It may be risky since the horse you pick must maintain his stamina. However, if he makes it, you are a big winner.
Betting in horse racing games can surely help you gain a lot of money. Do know that unlike ball games, horse racing brings wider betting opportunities. Knowing the different horse racing betting categories above will let you choose which one works best for you.