Probably many of you remember that in 2009-2010 there was a real boom in the popularity of anonymous video chats as well as dating websites. It was at that time that the Internet began to penetrate people’s daily lives at an incredible speed. New platforms offering non-standard communication formats aroused curiosity and attracted millions of users around the world.
Later, interest in dating websites and anonymous video chats began to fade a little. But in recent months we have seen positive dynamics again. Of course, the coronavirus pandemic is one of the primary reasons for this. Because of it many people began to work from home and go out less often. But let’s see what services for online communication can be used today and how a person can take care of their safety on the Internet. After all, there are quite serious risks of getting onto a fraudulent website or simply going to a website that does not suit you at all. To avoid this, read our article and study the reviews of other users. For example, on sitejabber.com.
Dating websites, worthy of your attention
If you are looking for a partner and want to find someone for a serious relationship, start your search with dating websites and applications. Thousands of lonely people gather there looking for a soulmate right now. They are interested in communication and easily make contact.
There are a lot of such websites and applications. We’ll take a quick look at the most popular ones:
- Badoo. The service is considered to be the largest dating network in the world. It is available in the web version and as the app. When registering, you can immediately indicate your goal – just communication or a desire to go on a date. One of the most important functions is the ability to see which user is nearby. In addition, there is an interesting twin search tool. This way you can find people who are similar to you or those you like. For example, a favorite celebrity.
- Tinder. This is another very popular service that allows you to quickly, without unnecessary steps, go straight to the search for a soulmate. Photos of other users just appear in front of you, and you swipe left or right depending on whether you like the person or not. And if your sympathies match, Tinder will offer to start chatting.
- Match.com. This website offers very flexible settings for finding the right person for you to meet. First, you create your detailed profile, then set your search criteria and start searching. You can even switch to a special mode in which only those who fit the specified parameters can contact you. The only drawback to Match.com is that you have to pay for a subscription to send and receive messages.
- eHarmony. The website is called the best resource for finding serious relationships. As the developers themselves say, more than 450 thousand people have found their love here. And the number of registered users is over four million. Most of the website’s features are available for free. And with a paid subscription, you can send messages without restrictions and get access to your partnerâ€™s profile.
These and other similar websites are perfect for those looking for a soulmate or new friends. But what about those who just want to chat with interesting people at their leisure? There are many options for them too.
Anonymous webcam chats: a pleasant pastime and more
The peak in popularity of video chats was also in 2010. Then interest gradually faded away, but now they are gaining popularity again. Most of the chat roulettes allow you to communicate without registration and free of charge. Among them there are several recognized leaders:
- Omegle. This is the very first chat roulette in history. It is also one of the most famous roulettes. When Omegle was at its peak of popularity, the daily number of visitors exceeded one and a half million. But even now the audience is quite large. Almost at any time of the day there are about twenty thousand people online.
- CooMeet. Unlike most anonymous webcam chats, CooMeet allows you to choose the gender of your chat partner. For example, you can communicate only with girls. And this is very convenient for those who are looking for a soulmate or want to flirt. The system will not connect you with other men, which significantly saves time.
- Chatrandom. This is a very popular video chat with strangers with many convenient features. For example, here you can choose the gender and geolocation of the interlocutor, use chat rooms of interest or talk with friends in a special chat with up to four people. Some additional features and settings are only available with a paid subscription. But you can use Chatrandom quite comfortably for free.
- Shagle. The website operates in more than seventy countries around the world. Here you can also configure the search for interlocutors by gender and geolocation. The audience of the resource is constantly growing, thanks to which Shagle has transformed from a rather unknown website into an extremely popular one. The advantages of Shagle include high connection speed, convenience and very good moderation, which many analogues lack.
Whichever resource you choose to use, we still recommend reading reviews before using it. Especially when it comes to little-known websites. But in case of popular chatroulettes, it is better to study the issue in more detail. For example, you can read reviews about CooMeet at https://coomeet.reviews/.
By the way, most of these websites have detailed information on the available tools and features. The rules of use are also provided there. This information can be much more relevant and honest than any reviews on the Internet. Also, remember the basic rules of online safety and recommendations for communicating with other people, so as not to spoil the impression for yourself and for your interlocutors. Enjoy your communication and interesting acquaintances!