Along with all the non-essential businesses that are still closed, in respect of the province’s measures against the spread of the Covid-19, here is a list of what’s open and closed Easter weekend in Montreal for the Easter long weekend. With physical distancing rules in place and people remaining at home, not gathering with their friends or other family in prayer and celebration – many people will turn to social media or online video conferencing and chat platforms like Zoom and Skype instead. It will at least offer an opportunity for them to be in touch and share traditions. Please remember there are also many others who will be alone, some without access to online services – and if you can, please reach out to them. A simple phone call can make a big difference and brighten up their day.
What’s open and closed Easter weekend in Montreal
- GROCERY STORES: most will be OPEN on Friday and Saturday, but due to COVID-19 measures, they will remain CLOSED on Sundays.
- BANKS and financial institutions are closed April 10th but open April 13th.
- PHARMACIES: Most are open, but many with reduced hours. Please contact them directly or visit their website.
- Societe des alcools du Quebec and Societe quebecoise du cannabis (SQDC) stores are OPEN Friday and Saturday and Monday – but please check for their holiday hours. On Sunday, they will be CLOSED as usual.
- Montreal boroughs will be keeping their regular garbage and recycling pickup schedules.
- ECOCENTERS are OPEN.
- CANADA POST offices will be closed April 10th and 13th.
- GOVERNMENT OFFICES: Most are closed April 10th and 13th.
- PUBLIC TRANSIT: STM metro and buses will be running – but check the STM website for schedule adjustments. Most commuter trains are operating, but on reduced schedules. The Societe de transport de Laval will also be on modified schedules. Most Reseau de transport de Longueuil (RTL) buses will run on a special holiday schedule on both Friday and Monday. Please consult their websites for the schedules.