What’s Open or Closed on Thanksgiving 2018
Open or Closed on Thanksgiving 2018 – Once again it is the time of the year when the colours of Autumn signal the holiday of Thanksgiving and families and friends will gather to celebrate and give thanks for the blessings they received. Each blessing will count, whether it be considered small or large – including the abundant amount of food usually laid out upon the table. Perhaps this year you might consider thinking to those who may be less fortunate and perhaps reach out to them as well – isn’t there always room for an extra seat at the table?
Open or Closed on Thanksgiving 2018
Here is a list of what is open or closed on this Thanksgiving Day Monday:
CLOSED or MODIFIED
– Federal, provincial and municipal government buildings, including the courthouse and borough offices.
– Banks, Postal Service and Post Offices (although those located in pharmacies may be open).
– The STM will follow a holiday schedule.
– The Vaudreuil-Hudson (RTM) line will operate on a Sunday schedule. Other Exo train lines will not be operating. Please check online for schedules or closures due to ongoing work or maintenance at: https://rtm.quebec/en/customer-service/statutory-holiday-schedules.
– The Réseau de transport de Longueuil and Société de transport de Laval will operate on a Saturday schedule.
(It is recommended you call first to check for hours)
– Most shopping malls, grocery stores, some convenience and retail stores, as well as some restaurants.
– Most SAQ stores will be open with regular hours, except for those located in a mall that is closed for the occasion.
– Most pharmacies, but with reduced staff and hours.
– Atwater and Jean-Talon markets will be open (check for their hours).
– Insectarium, Botanical Gardens and Rio Tinto Alcan Planetarium will be pen. *But the Montreal Museum of Fine Arts and Musee d’art contemporain will be CLOSED.
– La Ronde will be open from 11:00AM to 10:00PM.
– Arenas, swimming pools, sports centres and libraries will operate according to borough schedules.
– Montreal and all boroughs will have regular garbage and recycling pickup.
– Ecocentres will be open from 8:00AM to 6:00PM.
– Regular parking meters and parking restrictions are still in effect.