What’s Open and Closed this Easter Weekend 2019
Both the Easter and Passover holidays merge this weekend and many Montrealers will be spending time with family and friends – or simply enjoying a nice, long weekend off from the regular grind.
A long awaited Spring season is finally in the air – so have a hopping good time hunting for eggs or the hidden matzah! Here is what’s open and closed.
Open and Closed this Easter Weekend 2019
• Most banks will be closed on Friday but open on Monday.
• Government offices, both Federal and Provincial, will be closed Friday and Monday.
• City of Montreal and borough offices will be closed all weekend.
• Boroughs will have regular pickup of garbage and recycling.
• Parking meters and parking restrictions will remain in effect.
• STM buses and metro will be running on a holiday schedule.
• EXO/AMT trains will also be running, but on weekend or holiday schedules. *Check their websites for details
• Societe des alcools du Quebec outlets will be open – except for those located inside shopping centres. • Most shopping malls will be open on Friday and Monday.
• Supermarket chains will operate at regular hours on Friday and Monday, but will be closed on Easter Sunday, (Some supermarket chains will be open on Easter Sunday, depending on their location…)
• Most public markets will be open.
• Municipal sports centres, swimming pools and arenas, as well as cultural centres and libraries will be open. Check with your borough for schedules.