People make many investments in their whole life, but the most important among them is their home because it is a place where you spend most of your life with your family. If your home is the actual investment, then you should have to maintain it properly. You should take specific steps before the arrival of new seasons to keep up your home for that season. This will not only maintain your home but also increase your house value and curb appeal. Home maintenance can make you feel intimidating, especially for new homeowners, but it isn’t that overwhelming. While maintaining your home, if you think of any type of waterproof problem, then you can visit here to find the best solution for it.
Things to check in home maintenance
Well, you have to look after each and everything in your house to maintain it, some of the important things are listed below:
- The Entire exterior of your home.
- Heating and cooling system.
- Plumbing and drainage system.
- Security system.
- Electrical system.
By maintaining the above significant things in your house, you can be safe from any breakdown and even from any major repair cost.
Home maintenance checklist
Home maintenance may feel like a hectic job for many homeowners, but don’t worry because, in this article, you can find a perfect home maintenance checklist for every season through which you not only maintain your home but also increase its value and curb appeal.
- Home maintenance checklist for Autumn
Autumn, also known as the fall season. It is a perfect season in many areas for home maintenance because of its dry and modest temperature. It is very important to examine the interior and exterior of the house before starting your seasonal maintenance checklist to check any major problem that requires a professional to manage. Well, most of the maintenance work can usually be done on your own, but if the work is your aptitude, then it is safe to call any professional. The seasonal checklist for fall is listed below:
- Scrape up leaves and aerate your garden
- Call a professional to inspect your forced-air heating system. Make sure to always schedule this inspection at the end of summer or at the beginning of the fall.
- Check your fireplace for any vitiate and hazards, and clean the fireplace chimney.
- If present, always check the windows and doors for any cracks and gaps and seal them with caulk and weather strips.
- If your windows have become old and draughty, then replace the energy-efficient ones.
- Check the paint of the exterior of your house, and if it is required, then refresh it with new paint because paint acts as the protective layer which reinforces the pillars of the house and even increases street presence.
- Inspection of the roof is the most important step; if there is damage and leak, then always call a professional to repair it because you should not compromise on the roof of your house.
- Home maintenance checklist for winter
If you are worried about the harsh weather, you should be prepared for the winters because you can suffer from many problems if you don’t maintain your house to face the cold weather. You can maintain your house for winters with the following checklist:
- First of all, check your heating, ventilation, and air conditioning system (HVAC).
- Always check and clean drains before winter and all plumbing systems.
- Inspect the basement for any type of leakage during the thaw.
- Inspect the roof after storms.
- Clean the washroom exhaust fan grill.
- Home maintenance checklist for spring
Once all the ice defrosts from the ground and trees begin to bud, it means the spring season has kicked in. In addition to the regular cleaning, you will have to consider many general measures to spend this season in a tranquil way. Following is the checklist to maintain your house for spring.
- Check out the air conditioning system and replace its filter.
- Inspect the roof of the house for any type of damage and leaks.
- Check out the home furniture and polish if it is required.
- Wash all the windows and siding.
- Clean gutter and downspouts and remove all the leaves and debris from them.
- Inspect the fireplace and chimney for damage.
- As the moderate temperature has come up, therefore, drain the water heater.
- Inspect the caulking and weather stripping in all windows and doors.
- This is the best time to grow multiple fruits and vegetables on your lawn.
- Take out the insulations applied to the faucets present outside the house.
- Home maintenance checklist for summer
The sunny morning and warm weather are the pure indications of summers, and the most important thing when summer kicks in is to maintain and prepare your home to spend this season without any major problem. The steps which should be taken to maintain your home in the summer season are present in the following checklist.
- Replace air conditioning filter
- Call a professional to check the heat ventilation and air conditioning system.
- Clean or change if it needs to be the filter of the kitchen’s exhaust fan.
- Service the refrigerators, water dispensers, and freezer coils.
- Inspect the roofs for any type of damage due to the previous season.
- Wash all the windows and sides.
- Inspect the dishwasher for any type of leaks.
- Check all the wooden cabinets of the house for leaks.