As the nation gears up for July 1st, the Royal Canadian Mint continues to find new ways to celebrate Canada with original and innovative coins. These creations include the 2019 $30 Fine Silver Coin – The Fabric of Canada. Artist Rebecca Yanovskaya has designed a first-ever undulating, coloured Canadian flag, realistically fluttering above national landmarks, such as Parliament Hill’s Peace Tower and an East Coast lighthouse. Sharing her unique vision of our nation, artist Alisha Giroux has created a collage of story book-like illustrations of Canadian fauna, evoking the boundaries of our provinces and territories, on the 2019 $50 Fine Silver Coin – The Canadian Landscape, which is uniquely shaped like the map of Canada. Both of these coins and many other outstanding collectibles are available as of today.
New Canadian coins and other collectibles available this month include:
- The 2019 $20 Fine Silver Coin – Viola Desmond, sold in a set featuring the Bank of Canada’s $10 commemorative banknote;
- The 2019 $25 Fine Silver Coin – Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II’s Personal Canadian Flag, a rectangular coin featuring the flag in bold colour, framed by heraldic symbols, in a Cathy Bursey-Sabourin design;
- The 2019 $20 Fine Silver Coin – Peter McKinnon Photo Series: Mount Rundle, celebrating an iconic landmark of the Canadian Rockies in 2 oz. of pure silver;
- The 2019 $1 Fine Silver Piedfort – Heritage of the Royal Canadian Mint: The Matthew;
- The selectively gold-plated 2019 5-Ounce Fine Silver Big Coin Series: 2-Dollar Coin;
- The 2019 $125 Fine Silver Coin – Primal Predators: The Grizzly, a half-kilo masterpiece designed by artist Pierre Leduc;
- The 2019 $30 Fine Silver Coin – Majestic Birds in Motion: Canada Geese, also designed by Pierre Leduc
- The 2019 5-Coin Set – Canada’s Wildlife Treasures, featuring nickel-plated steel coins, designed by Joel Kimmel packaged in a colourful educational booklet designed with the young collector in mind;
- The 2019 $3 Fine Silver Coin – Celebrating Canadian Fun and Festivities – Rodeo, designed by Steve Hepburn; and
- The 2019 $5 Fine Silver Coin – Zodiac Series: Leo, designed by Jori Van Der Linde.
Mintages, pricing and full background information on each product can be found on the “Shop” tab of www.mint.ca.