The City of Dorval is welcoming everyone to the movies this weekend – at a drive-in cinema they are setting up, by converting the south parking lot at Dorval Gardens into a makeshift cinema. They wanted to offer some entertainment during this difficult time, as their usual programming is not possible, and so they decided to innovate by offering this unique event. Two movies will be shown at the West Island Drive-in Theatre opening this Friday evening and the other on Saturday, located in the parking lot south of Les Jardins Dorval, accessible via Carson Avenue:
– On FRIDAY June 5th at 9:00pm (site opens at 8:00pm), they will be showing the movie Sonic the Hedgehog (Original English version) inspired by the ‘ever-so-popular’ Sega game. ‘The film follows the (mis)adventures of Sonic as he navigates the complexities of life on Earth with his newfound – human – best friend Tom Wachowski (James Marsden). Sonic and Tom join forces to try and stop the villainous Dr. Robotnik (Jim Carrey) from capturing Sonic and using his immense powers for world domination’. According to the city, 150 of the 200 tickets have already been sold. For tickets go to: https://www.ville.dorval.qc.ca/en/events/event/dorval-drive-in-sonic and follow the link on the page, ‘Click here to purchase a ticket’.
– On SATURDAY June 6th at 9:00pm (site opens at 8:00pm), they will be showing the movie Menteur (Original French version) ‘Simon is a pathological liar and he cannot continue like that anymore. One day, he is confronted with the reality, when disasters as zany and aberrant follow one another. All have one thing in common: they are the incarnation of his many lies. He is now living in a parallel universe where all his lies become reality. Simon will have to face the consequences of the lies he tells others for years, but also the ones – much more destructive that he tells himself. For tickets go to: https://www.ville.dorval.qc.ca/en/events/event/dorval-drive-in-menteur and follow the link on the page, ‘Click here to purchase a ticket’.
Cost: for Dorval residents is $ 5.00 per car / Non-residents is $8:00 per car. All proceeds will be given to Dorval’s Community Aid. Dorval officials will be implementing several measures at the site in order to respect distancing requirements and to make sure that the evening ‘remains safe for all’. Here are some important information and rules of the West Island Drive-in Theatre opening that need to be respected – and they thank you in advance for your cooperation:
– You must present your receipt at the entrance.
– Recreational vehicles and motorcycles are not authorized on site.
– Please follow the instructions given by the parking attendants who will assign you a space in order to ensure that there is a free parking space between cars at all times.
– Once your vehicle is parked, please turn off your engine and headlights and keep them turned off until the end of the movie.
– You must stay in your vehicle at all times. If, however, you need to step out of your vehicle and walk on the site, please respect the 2-metre distancing. If that is not possible, it is strongly recommended that you wear a mask.
– Please keep the volume at a suitable level so as not to disturb others.
– There will be toilets on site, but they should be used only when and if it’s an absolute necessity.
– NO FOOD WILL BE SOLD ON SITE.
– It is strictly forbidden to consume or be in possession of alcohol, to be drunk, or be under the influence of any drug during the event.
– It is forbidden to honk.
– If you do not respect these rules, you could be expelled from the site.
It is a great opportunity to lean back and have a little fun!