Canadian travel rules – The Canadian government new travel rules started today but with a few hiccups with the hotel quarantine booking phone line. Passengers are not sure where to go or if they are exempt from the mandatory hotel quarantine.
At this time these are the rules of entering Canada:
- Passengers have to take a COVID-19 test when entering Canada
- After the COVID-19 test is taken passengers must spend up to 3 to 14 days in a designated hotel until the test shows negative.
- Passengers are obliged to book a Canadian government designated hotel before entering Canada.
- Click here for the government list of hotels
- Passengers must call to book their room, at this time you can not book online
English and French through recorded scripts.
- 1-800-461-9999 (within Canada and the United States)
- 1-866-335-3237 (TTY for those with hearing or speech impairments)
- 1-204-983-3500 or 1-506-636-5064(outside Canada and the United States – long distance charges apply)
Live agents are available:
- Monday to Friday from 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. ET
- Saturday, Sunday and Federal statutory holidays from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. ET
How do I book my designated hotel when entering Canada
If your flight to Canada is scheduled within the next 48 hours, call to reserve and pay for your mandatory 3-night hotel stopover:
- 1-800-294-8253 (toll-free within North America)
- 1-613-830-2992 (collect outside of North America)
Regular hours of operation: 8 am to 11 pm ET, 7 days a week. Calls received after hours will be limited to emergencies.
You’ll be able to choose from the listed hotel locations and be required to provide:
- traveller name(s)
- date(s) of birth
- gender (male, female, or undisclosed)
- arrival city and date
- payment information
- special requests and accessibility concerns
- pet information
- email address
Travellers will receive email confirmation of their accommodation within 4 hours of booking.
Costs of these hotel stopovers may vary by location. The price will include costs associated with the:
- infection prevention and control measures
The phone line is receiving a high volume of calls at the moment. Thank you for your patience.
Please note you should only call the hotel booking number if you’re ready to reserve your room.