Montreal’s Italian Week is a major cultural event that has been unfolding throughout the city for 25 years. During the summer season, festival-goers of all origins are invited to come discover and celebrate the various contributions of Italy to Canadian culture through its music, art and gastronomy.
What you can expect at Montreal’s Italian week
This year, the program of events includes concerts, a musical play, an opera, a film festival, exhibitions, cooking classes, and historical tours, to name a few. As part of its 26th edition, Montreal’s Italian Week is from August 9 to 18, 2019!
The region of Calabria will be highlighted through Montreal’s Italian Week’s events.
During the big weekend in Little Italy on Saint- Laurent Boulevard it will be buzzing with:
• dessert contest
• Fiat exhibition
• Fashion show “Moda sotto le stelle,”
• Various shows, including that of singer Daniela Fiorentino.
To top off this 26th edition, Ruggero Leoncavallo’s opera “Pagliacci,” with the symphony orchestra led by Maestro Gianluca Martinenghi, Sunday, August 18.
Montreal’s Italian Week August 9th – 15th
• August 10th—Notre-Dame-de-Grâce (Georges-Saint-Pierre Park)
• August 10th—Montreal-North (Saint-Laurent Park and Aimé-Léonard Park)
• August 11th—Laval (de Lausanne Park)
• August 10th – 12th—Rivière-des-Prairies (Paroisse Maria-Auxiliatrice)
• August 13th—LaSalle (Ouellette Park)
• August 15th—Saint-Léonard (Wilfrid-Bastien Park)
• August 16th – 18th —Little Italy (Saint-Laurent Boulevard from Jean-Talon to Beaubien)
Please visit italfestmtl.ca for the full program of events.