Over 4,500 cases were reported yesterday, the highest number ever recorded since the beginning of the pandemic almost two years ago reported Quebec Minister of Health Christian Dubé.
“The situation is critical and we must act now. I know the situation is tuff, but we must be strong and work together,” said Quebec Minister Christian Dubé.
We must decrease the number of people we come in contact with added Minister Dubé.
Quebec new measures:
- As of 5 P.M. complete closure of bars, casinos, cinemas, gyms, spas, sports venues.
- Working from home is mandatory across Quebec
- restaurants closures from 5 a.m. to 10 P.M.
- Elementary and High schools will be closed. Return to classes Monday, January 10th, 2022
- Daycare services will remain open until December 25th
- At this time gatherings of 10 people over the holidays are allowed however might change.
Please use the COVID rapid test only if you are showing symptoms not to test to see if you can go to a friends home or gathering.
If you find yourself positive with COVID-19 please place yourself in isolation immediately and report to ever you were in contact with.
People with both doses of the COVID-19 vaccine are only 30% protected against the Omicron virus.
- Runny nose
- Fatigue (either mild or severe)
- Sore throat
Latest data shows, omicron symptoms are predominantly cold symptoms — runny nose, headache, sore throat, and sneezing — so people should stay at home as it might well be COVID.
More to come.