Cheers! Is there any better way to enjoy some blue agave juice than bottoms up? We can’t think of any, but we can tell you that there’s an entire day dedicated to the stuff, National Tequila Day.
When is National Tequila Day?
July 24th means National Tequila Day, and National Tequila Day means twenty four consecutive hours, 1440 consecutive minutes, and 86,400 consecutive seconds of honouring good times had with your favourite tequila over salt & lime or just straight. Just enjoy those good times responsibly, don’t swig that beautiful blue agave elixir behind the wheel, and do read up on its storied history in Mexico, the broader American Southwest, and beyond.
- This highly refreshing cocktail pairs sour lime with earthy tequila notes, adding Grand Marnier’s cognac and bitter orange flavour for a refined smoothness and a heightened drinking experience.
- 1 oz | Grand Marnier®
- 1 oz | Tequila
- 0.75 oz | freshly squeezed lime juice
- 0.5 oz Agave Nectar or Simple Syrup (Optional)
- Ice cubes
- Lime garnish
- Fill a wide, shallow dish with 2-3 mm of fine salt. Cut a lime in half at the width and rub around half of the rim of a margarita glass. Cut a thin, crosswise slice from one of the lime halves for garnish. Holding glass upside down, dip wet half delicately into the salt. Shake Grand Marnier®, Espolon Tequila and lime juice with ice in a cocktail shaker. Strain into glass and apply lime garnish to rim.
- This is a nod to the popular Paloma, enjoy the fresh citrus taste with this refreshing Espolon Tequila highball that’s perfect for summer sipping
- 2oz Espolon Tequila
- 0.5oz Lime Juice
- 4oz Grapefruit Soda
- Combine and stir in a highball glass with ice and a salted rim. Garnish with lime. Enjoy!
Where is National Tequila Day celebrated?
National Tequila Day first started in the Canada, USA and Mexico and is celebrated with a number of tequila festivals and tours of tequila distilleries along what is known as the tequila trail in Jalisco. In recent years the celebration has also been adopted in the UK due to the rising popularity of the drink.