Here is a list of what is open and closed Canada Day in Montreal, July 1st:
What is closed this Canada Day in Montreal:
- Most City of Montreal offices will be closed, including borough offices and points of service. (The 311 line will be open).
- Federal and provincial government offices in Quebec.
- Montreal municipal courthouse on Gosford St.
- Banks, Canada Post offices as well as SQDC stores across the province.
- Permit counters and municipal courts in Montreal.
- Planetarium, Biodome and Insectarium are closed (Botanical Garden is open).
- Complexe sportif Claude-Robillard (Running Track and Tennis Courts are open).
What is open this Canada Day in Montreal:
- Most SAQ stores (best to call first).
- Garbage, recycling and compost collection will continue on normal schedules in all boroughs except for Montreal North, Outremont, St-Laurent and Ville-Marie.
- Ecocenters will be open.
- Montreal arenas, swimming pools, sports centres, libraries and cultural venues that are allowed to be open will operate according to borough schedules.
- Public markets will be open.
- Societe de transport de Montreal buses and metro will run on holiday schedules. For details: stm.info
- Reseau de transport de Longueuil buses will run on Saturday schedules. For details: rtl-longueuil.qc.ca
- Societe de transport de Laval buses will run on Saturday schedules. For details: stl.laval.qc.ca
- Exo will run buses on a Saturday schedule and trains on Sunday schedules. For details: exo.quebec
- Parking restrictions, including parking meters will remain in effect.